We celebrate the Fab Four in this week’s LoriHajiTura! In roughly chronological order, we take in every stage of their career, from loveable mop tops to psychedelic explorers…
but we wouldn’t be LoriHajiTura unless we did this through the Tijuana stylings of Herb Alpert, the full orchestral joy of James Last, the soulful groove of Lonnie Liston Smith, and many, many more. We love you! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
- Alan Tew & His Orchestra – Georgy Girl
- Torero Band – From Me To You
- Herb Alpert’s Tijuana Brass – All My Loving
- James Last – I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Peggy Lee – A Hard Day’s Night
- James Last – I Should Have Known Better
- Torero Band – Can’t Buy Me Love
- John Keating Sound – Ticket To Ride
- Vince Guaraldi – Yesterday
- Jose Feliciano – In My Life
- Lonnie Liston Smith – Eleanor Rigby
- Strings for Pleasure – Norwegian Wood
- Joe Pesci – Got To Get You Into My Life
- Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 – Day Tripper
- Torero Band – Yellow Submarine
- Singers Unlimited – Here, There and Everywhere
- Big Jim Sullivan – She’s Leaving Home
- Okko Bekker – A Day in the Life
- John Tartaglia – A Day in the Life-I Am the Walrus
- Peter Knight and his Orchestra – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Alan Moorhouse – With a Little Help From My Friends
- Paul Mauriat – Penny Lane
- Peter Knight and his Orchestra – Good Morning, Good Morning
- Big Jim Sullivan – Within Without You
- Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 – Fool On The Hill
- Ramsey Lewis – Sexy Sadie
- Barbra Streisand – Honey Pie
- The Original Brasso Band – Ob-la-Di Ob-la-Da
- Lenny White – Lady Madonna
- Little Big Horns – Get Back
- Mike Melvoin – The Ballad of John and Yoko
- Franck Pourcel and his Orchestra – I Me Mine
- Strings for Pleasure – Here Comes The Sun
- Franck Pourcel and his Orchestra – The Long and Winding Road
- Shirley Bassey – Something
- Franck Pourcel and his Orchestra – Don’t Let Me Down
- The Moog Machine – Hey Jude
- Tony Hatch – Sounds of the Seventies
Also, includes incidental music from KPM’s Action Drive.
Check these out too:
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO our #502 broadcast from September 29th, 2017, when DJ GeorgyGirl paid tribute to the legendary composers and arrangers behind the soundtracks to Italy’s finest in schlock horror, the Giallo movie, featuring artists like Ennio Morricone, Alessandro Alessandroni, Armando Trovajoli, Paolo Ormi, and many, many more!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO our #404 broadcast from July 28th, 2017, when DJ GeorgyGirl played a whole bunch of records which Beck later sampled in his classic album Odelay – artists like Them, Monk Higgins, Rasputin’s Stash, Bernard Pretty Purdie, and many, many more!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO our #306 broadcast from June 2nd, 2017, when DJ GeorgyGirl put her trousers on, got nicked, and hadn’t had any dinner yet in our Sweeney special, featuring artists like Harry South, Barbara Moore, Denis King, Johnny Pearson, Brian Bennett, and many, many more!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO our #104 broadcast from January 27th, 2017, when DJ GeorgyGirl fulfilled a long-held ambition and finally got round to giving us her Hair Special in celebrating all things tribal love rock musical, featuring artists like Mort Garson, Don Kirschner, James Last, Shirley Bassey, and many, many more!
Subscribe to updates:
Tune into our Mixcloud channel for a weekly groovy mix that features the weirdest and best in lounge, psych, exotica, soundtracks, covers, library music, and more!